Japanese knotweed – get it sorted

by samalhamdani on 4 August, 2020

Having recently reported Japanese Knotweed near Stonebreaks Road, the Council has been out to treat the infestation, and is going to be regularly treating the area.

Japanese Knotweed
Picture by Dankogreen: https://www.flickr.com/photos/26597493@N08/

Late last year, I also reported Japanese Knotweed on a private property, which was treated by the owners.

If you spot Japanese Knotweed, it is crucial that we get it addressed as quickly as possible. It is an offence under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 to cause it to grow in the wild, and it should not be left to spread to other properties.

If it is found on private property, it should be reported to the owners ASAP. If nothing is done, it can then be reported to the local authorities. If someone fly tips it, it should be reported to the Environment Agency which has a freephone reporting number – 0800 807060.

If you suspect that there is Japanese knotweed near you, please get in touch, and we can get it treated correctly. You can find out more about Japanese knotweed from the Royal Horticultural Society here.

   Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>